Marseille : New Movie and Interesting Facts
Marseille is a new French movie directed by Kad Merad the famous actor from Bienvenue chez les ch’tis. It’s quite the same idea and here Kad is having a trip back to his hometown and discovers a very different life. His partner is Patrick Bosso, who is also a famous comedian, from Marseille.
I share this with you because first, I think it’s very interesting for French culture and secondly, it’s good to hear the Marseille’s accent on your listening skills in French.
What do French people think about Marseille?
- People from Marseille are exaggerating everything!
- Marseille is dirty
- Their favorite sport is Pétanque, football and Pastis (alcohol)
- There are a lot of guns, drugs and gangsters in Marseille
- People from Marseille take a nap and work slowly
- They speak with a strong accent
- Le Savon de Marseille (soap) is also very famous and everybody likes it!
People from Marseille didn’t create La Marseillaise, but have a lot of talented people among them including Zidane!